Why Green Deal?
Do you want to improve the energy efficiency of your home?
Do you want to make your home warmer and more comfortable?
If the answer to either of these questions is ‘yes’ then Green Deal finance can help you achieve your goals.
Green Deal finance helps you pay for home energy efficiency improvements a little at a time through your home energy bills. You also only pay back whilst you are benefitting, should you move home, Green Deal finance doesn’t go with you, it stays with the property and is taken over by the new owner or tenant.
InstaGroup (Green Deal Providers), are one of a small group of providers who are able to provide Green Deal finance through their installers in the Snug Network. This enables them to maximise Green Deal’s potential for homeowners, private tenants and landlords.
With Green Deal finance you could get your boiler replaced with an A–rated energy efficient one or make your home warmer with cavity wall, solid wall or loft insulation – including topping-up existing loft insulation.
Green Deal benefits
Some of the benefits of Green Deal finance include:
- The finance is on your property so you won’t take it with you if you move home
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home
- Replace an old, inefficient or temperamental boiler
- Affordability – spread the cost up to 25 years with wall insulation
- Easy payment within your monthly electricity bill
- Add value and appeal to your property
- Local certified installers
- All installs come with robust warranties and an insurance-backed 10 year guarantee
- You can still switch electricity suppliers
Another major benefit is that private rental landlords are eligible for Green Deal finance with their tenants paying for the improvements through their electricity bills.
InstaGroup are with you every step of the way, you are covered by the Consumer Credit Act, meaning that if there are any issues with your install, InstaGroup are there to support you for the lifetime of your loan.
The Green Deal process
The whole process is easy and hassle-free from start to finish:
- Apply for Green Deal finance by completing the form at the top of the page or giving us a call
- Our approved Green Deal Assessors will arrange a date to survey your property
- They will assess your property and complete a Green Deal Advice Report
- They will identify improvements that will help prevent heat loss and save energy, provide a quotation and advise you on how much Green Deal funding you are eligible for
- If you would then like to apply for Green Deal finance, they will take you through the application
- Contracts will be issued for you to sign – it is at this point that you are committed to having your work completed
- Local approved and accredited installers will complete your improvements
- Once completed, your electricity account will be set up to start taking payments and your product warranties and 10 year insurance-backed guarantee will be sent to you
Eligibility for Green Deal finance and applying
If you are ready to apply, you need to meet the following initial eligibility criteria:
- You need to be the electricity bill payer (for rental properties both landlord and tenant permission is required)
- You need to be at least 18 years of age
- You need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least 3 years
- You need to be owner occupier, private tenant or private landlord
- You need to provide consent for a credit check
- You need to have had no CCJ’s in the past 2 years or bankruptcy in the past 5 years
- You need to demonstrate the ability to afford on-going payments
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to apply, get in touch with us today. You can apply by completing the form on the right, emailing us at [email protected] or calling us on 0800 840 6813.