John Francis, our in house heating expert details what the benefits of having a combi boiler installed are.
A combination or ‘combi’ boiler is both a high efficiency water heater and a central heating boiler in a single compact unit. Combi boilers heat water directly from the mains when you turn on a tap, so you won’t need a hot water storage cylinder or a cold water storage tank in the roof space. Over 70% of homes in the last few years have chosen to have a combi boiler installed over other types. The combi boiler is now fast becoming one of the most popular boiler types.
A combi is also very cost-effective and energy-efficient as water is heated instantly rather than being heated and then stored in a cylinder. An added benefit is that hot water is delivered at mains pressure, which means that you could get a powerful shower without the need for a separate pump.
- Compact sizes make combi boilers perfect for smaller properties
- Ideal where there is little or no loft space
- No need for a hot water cylinder allows increased living space
- No cold water storage tank frees up a loft for conversion or additional storage.
- No risk of loft pipework freezing
- Less pipework in the home makes installation typically cheaper
By replacing an old standard efficiency boiler with a new A rated high efficiency boiler you could save up to £350* a year on heating bills and in addition to this if you chose to sell or rent your home a combi is seen as an additional bonus as it has a very high efficiency rating.
For more information on whether a combi boiler is suitable for your home and how you could benefit from a new boiler installation call 0800 8400 6813, email [email protected] or fill in the enquiry form and one of our advisors will be happy to help.
* This is an estimated figure based on installing a new A-rated condensing boiler with a programmer, room thermostat and thermostatic radiator controls (TRVs) in a gas-heated home from an older boiler with a programmer and room thermostat with a G rating in a detached home. Figures are based on fuel prices as of March 2016.
About John Francis
With 38 years in the heating industry, I am a trained and fully accredited by Gas Safe and Oftec boiler engineer.
Likes: Real Ale
Favourite car: My MGB!
Hobbies: Scuba Diving.
What’s new? Smart Controls for your heating system. Allowing you to take control from your phone or tablet wherever you are in the world! Can now also be expanded to control your lights and security system.