What Type Of New Boiler Is Right For Your Home
There are 3 types of boilers which our engineers are fully qualified to install. These are: Combi, System and Regular boilers. The type of new boiler that will be installed into your home will depend on your specific needs. We will complete a thorough survey to ensure that you are offered the best suited solution.
There are many reasons you may be considering a new boiler including you have recently moved house, your current boiler is no longer working correctly, you need to save room or you are converting your loft.
Combi boilers provide heating and hot water directly from the boiler, all within one small unit. Due to the compact nature they take up a lot let less room compared to boilers which need a separate hot water cylinder. Thus making them perfect for those with less space available, trying to create more space or those who live in smaller properties such as flats and bungalows.
With hot water being delivered to your taps and shower at the mains pressure, a combi boiler is very convenient and can save you money on your overall hot water costs.
Compared to other new boilers a combi has an unlimited and continuous supply of hot water rather than those that rely on hot water stored in a tank.
There are many situations where a combi boiler is the most suitable these include:
- You want to use your loft space for a room conversion or other purpose (an unvented cylinder system would also be suitable in this situation)
- You live in a flat or bungalow (an unvented cylinder system boiler would also be suitable)
- You want to replace your old boiler to improve an existing conventional heating system (A system or regular would also be a suitable new boiler)
- There is a need to have hot water available on tap without waiting for it to heat up
A system boiler uses the heating system to pump hot water directly to the radiators and water cylinder. Like a regular boiler a system boiler will store hot water however the installation is much faster and easier due to the majority of working of the heating and hot water system are already built into a new system boiler.
These systems are compatible with solar water heating systems therefore reducing the cost of producing your household’s hot water and heating, while environmentally friendly.
There are many reasons when a system is the most suitable new boiler for your home these include:
- You want to use your loft space for a room conversion or other purpose. (This would be an unvented cylinder system boiler. A combi would also be suitable in this situation)
- You live in a flat or bungalow ( again this would be a unvented cylinder system boiler, and a combi boiler could also be suitable)
- Your home has more than 2 bathrooms ( a new regular boiler would also be suitable)
- Your mains water pressure is low ( a regular boiler would also be suitable)
- You want to replace an old boiler to improve an existing conventional central heating system ( A System, Combi or Regular would be a suitable new boiler in this situation)
The majority of traditional gas and oil boilers are regular boilers. Your central heating system is heated directly with the hot water which is stored separately in a water cylinder, due to this they do take up a lot more room compared to a combi boiler.
Similar to system boilers a regular boiler is compatible with solar water heating systems therefore they bring you added benefits including environmentally-friendly hot water as well as even further savings.
A regular boiler should be considered in many situations including:
- Your home has more than 2 bathrooms (A System or floor-standing combi would also be a suitable new boiler in this situation)
- Your mains water pressure is low (A system boiler would also be suitable)
- You want to replace an older boiler to improve an existing heating system (A System or Combi boiler would be suitable)